Future Reflections is a quarterly magazine for parents and teachers of blind children that offers resources and information based on the National Federation of the Blind's positive philosophy of blindness.
It is published by the American Action Fund for Blind Children and Adults in partnership with the National Organization of Parents of Blind Children, a division of the National Federation of the Blind.
In Future Reflections, you will find:
- Resources covering topics from teaching blind infants to discover and explore their surroundings to issues in higher education such as access to Braille and recorded textbooks
- Stories about successful blind adults who can serve as role models for blind children
- A national network of parents who have shared similar experiences and who can provide information, support, and encouragement
- Guidance for teachers and educators including planning education programs, teaching Braille in school, and keeping blind children competitive with sighted classmates
- Answers to many common questions asked by parents and teachers of blind children
How to Subscribe
Future Reflections is available online, via email, in print, and on USB flash drive. It is also available through our NFB-NEWSLINE® program and via podcast by searching for "National Federation of the Blind—Future Reflections" in your podcast client.
You can subscribe to the email version here. Subscriptions to the print and USB flash drive versions are available free of charge to addresses in the United States. Canadian subscriptions are $35 per year, and other foreign subscriptions are $75 USD per year. Checks can be made out to the National Federation of the Blind and sent to the NFB, attention Future Reflections, 200 East Wells Street at Jernigan Place, Baltimore, Maryland 21230. To subscribe to the print or USB thumb drive version, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your preferred medium in the body. Please include your address. Please also include whether you are a parent of a blind child, a teacher, or other subscriber. If you are a parent, please include your child's name and birth date.
- Vol. 38, No. 4, Convention 2019
- Vol. 38, No. 3, Fall 2019
- Vol. 38, No. 2—Special Issue: Tactile Fluency
- Vol. 38, No. 1, Winter 2019
- Vol. 37, No. 4, Convention 2018
- Vol. 37, No. 3, Summer 2018
- Vol. 37, No. 2—Special Issue: Early Childhood
- Vol. 37, No. 1, Winter 2018
- Vol. 36, No. 4, Convention 2017
- Vol. 36, No. 3, Summer 2017
- Vol. 36, No. 2—Special Issue: The Individualized Education Plan (IEP)
- Vol. 36, No. 1, Winter 2017
- Vol. 35, No. 4, Convention 2016
- Vol. 35, No. 3, Fall 2016
- Vol. 35, No. 2—Special Issue: Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM)
- Vol. 35, No. 1, Winter 2016
- Vol. 34, No. 4, Convention Issue 2015
- Vol. 34, No. 3, Fall 2015
- Vol. 34, No. 2—Special Issue: Extracurricular Activities
- Vol. 34, No. 1, Winter 2015
- Vol. 33, No. 4, Convention Issue 2014
- Vol. 33, No. 3, Fall 2014
- Vol. 33, No. 2—Special Issue: Low Vision
- Vol. 33, No. 1, Winter 2014
To read back issues online, please visit the Future Reflections archive.