Each year, thousands of Federation members purchase raffle tickets or make donations during national convention to various funds that support blind people.
In 2020, your generosity is still needed to fund our great programs. When you give $20 or more between May 15 and July 18 noon ET, you will be entered into the Kenneth Jernigan Convention Drawing to win the following:
- Round-trip transportation for two for the 2021 NFB National Convention
- Hotel at the convention
- Registration and banquet tickets for two
- $1,000 in walking-around cash
This drawing will be to support the following funds:
- Kenneth Jernigan Fund: The proceeds from this fund are used to bring a number of attendees to their first national convention. It is named for Dr. Jernigan who planned our conventions for more than forty years and who did so much to make them what they are today.
- SUN Fund: These funds are being set aside in the event that they are needed to support the Federation during difficult times.
- White Cane Fund: These dollars go directly to the general treasury of the Federation.
- tenBroek Fund: These dollars go to the tenBroek Memorial Fund which owns the property at 200 East Wells at Jernigan Place in Baltimore for the benefit of blind people.
More Chances to Win!
Each $20 donation is a chance to win. Your name will be placed in the drawing for each increment of $20 you give. Give $100 and you will be entered into the drawing five times.
How to Contribute and Qualify
You must specify a fund in order to be entered into the drawing. You can do this either in the “Contribution Note” field in our online donation form or in the memo if giving by check. Choose one of the following funds: Kenneth Jernigan Fund, SUN Fund, White Cane Fund, or the tenBroek Fund. Your donation will be counted for the drawing regardless of which fund you designate.
- Donate online now.
- Donate via phone by calling our donation line at 410-659-9314 and selecting option 4 to donate.
- Send a check to National Federation of the Blind Jernigan Institute, 200 East Wells Street Baltimore, MD 21230. Be sure to have #NFB20 and the fund you are donating to in the memo.
Note: The drawing is for individuals and is not intended for contributions by divisions, state affiliates, or chapters.
The winner of the drawing will be announced July 18, 2020 at the banquet.
Help us share the Federation with others. Thank you for your generosity.